Do we really trust God.... I mean like REALLY trust Him? Do we really put Him first? I mean like REALLY put Him first?... I found myself thinking about the story of Abraham, and how he was being obedient to God...following instructions to sacrifice his only son. I'm sure he was plenty relieved when God told him to put the knife down. But fact is, he trusted God and proved to God that He's most important in his life. ...
I'm glad that much isn't required of us today, 'cause most of us would surely fail. We can't even sacrifice something as simple as time for Him. (Yet we all want to go to Heaven...which is when we will spend ALL of our time with Him.) We don't want to sacrifice 10% of our earnings. (When it all belongs to Him in the first place.) And we don't want to present ourselves as a living sacrifice because we seek acceptance from people in the world, rather than from the One who matters.
Think about it: What does God want you to sacrifice? And are you willing to do it?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please share your thoughts! :)